Every other year we make plans to get together. In 2005 we all gathered in Houston, TX. Craig and Reed (Kevin's two oldest brothers) scheduled some great activities - visiting the space center, fishing, "alligator spotting" nature walks, and an evening of star gazing at the observatory. Activities are wonderful; but, the best part of the reunion is when everyone gathers around and tells stories.
Next week we will gather again - this time on the Atlantic Coast. We have great activities planned: sailing with the dolphins, a treasure hunt, and an evening concert. Family Reunions are wonderful when cousins bond, brothers and sisters reminisce, and everyone joins to create new memories (stories for the future.)
My Family Reunion Tips:
- Check some photography websites for "family portrait inspiration" before you go. Tara Whitney has some wonderful photo inspiration on her blog. I am a big fan of what I call the "dog pile photo." Tara has an example (click here).
- It can get a little crazy at a reunion, so make a check list of photos you want to take in advance.
- A family reunion is a great place to focus on body features - hands & feet, and don't forget additional physical features that say, "I belong to this family."
- Try some new angles - get down - way down and if you can, get up high.
- Take a note pad to write down the stories, the pranks, and the tender moments...
- Have FUN!