Traveling around the country to Scrapbook Conventions means we have a lot of "departure days." Those are always the craziest days of the week. It seems I am always scrambling around at the last minute trying to find something or clean something.
On "Departure Day" I am...
- Packing all the stuff that I didn't just leave in the suitcase from the last trip.
- on Map Quest - printing directions (just in case the GPS goes crazy on me.)
- good week - doing those last few loads of laundry. (Bad week - there is NO WAY I could ever get all the laundry done before I leave.)
- Getting the kids settled or their stuff packed up - which ever applies.
- Charging the iPod, cell phones, and camera batteries.
- wishing I had time to go shopping because I realize I need (new shoes, shirts, jeans...)
- and getting Cole chicken soup & hot chocolate, before I run Alexis to her Wednesday dance class after packing everything in the car.
Once we get in the car I am hoping...
- I got all the toothbrushes
- have enough socks
- didn't forget the stuff I need for classes
And then I realize, everything is replaceable - except the stuff I need for classes, so as long as I have that I am okay!
Who was it that said, "the journey was part of the gift?"