I read a status update by a friend on facebook this morning and it took me back a little. She had just spent hours transferring photos to her computer and must have been a little frustrated with the experience. She said she was making a mid year resolution to "Stop taking so many pictures."
My instinctive reaction was, "WHAT? NO!!! Don't take less pictures!"
She continued with, "I mean, really, how many pictures do I need? I'd rather be doing stuff with the family than taking pictures of the family doing stuff without me."
Having a few minutes of early morning quiet time to ponder, her comments turned my mind to this weeks Photo Inspiration.
Mosaic Moments™ Photo !nspiration: Week 35
Several years ago I decided that there were times that I needed to put the camera down and just enjoy time with my family. The first time I put the camera away was Christmas Day. It was the best decision I ever made.
WHAT! You don't take pictures on Christmas Day?
I discovered I could get all the shots I wanted and needed before Christmas Day: Counting down on the advent calendar, playing with the nativity, seeing Christmas lights, Santa's lap, drinking hot cocoa, reading the Christmas story, wearing santa hats, kids shaking the gifts trying to figure out what is inside, baking cookies, decorating the tree, the gingerbread house...
Just 16 Fridays before Christmas!
Soon it will be time to get out those holiday decorations once again. Do you have a Christmas Photo Check List? Here are some images you might want to consider:
- Children writing notes to Santa
- Addressing Christmas cards
- Stack of Christmas cards ready to mail (try adding a ribbon tied around the stack)
- Putting letter to Santa in the mail
- Picking out the tree (or setting up the tree)
- Looking at special ornaments
- Detail of Ornaments (see photo above)
- Decorating the home
- Hanging the wreath on your door
- Reading Christmas Stories together
- Baking or making treats
- Plates of Christmas cookies
- Decorating a gingerbread house
- Putting up the Christmas lights
- Assembling gifts/toys (might want to keep these out of the scrapbook for now if the toys are from Santa)
- Dressed in pajamas on Christmas Eve
- Photo with santa
- Photo in front of the tree
- Stockings hung in a row
- Making holiday crafts
- All dressed up - for party or church
- Drinking hot cocoa, eggnog, or spiced cider
- The gifts under the tree
- Wearing Santa hats
- Children sleeping on Christmas Eve
- Enjoying a favorite holiday flick
Please add items from your Christmas Photo List that I've forgotten. I'll choose one comment (at random) to receive a $25 SNAPNCROP Gift Certificate. (Comments close in one week- September 6th) :)